Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Vacation highlights

We spent 2 weeks at our new vacation home in northeast Ohio.  My husband has some family there, so we find ourselves going there often enough that having our own place makes sense.  I've been having fun scouring Craigslist for some amazing deals, taking 3-mile runs by Lake Erie, and watching my kids get to know their cousins.

One cousin was graduating High School.  I remember meeting her soon after my husband and I married.  She was a cute little chubby girl.  Now she is tall and stunningly beautiful, and heading off to college!

Another cousin had her second baby while we were there!  We all overdosed on awesome newborn sweetness.  My 13-year-old composed a lullaby just for her.

Another cousin had a birthday.

We celebrated the 4th of July.... sort of.  Got rained out of any possibility of a barbecue. Too rainy to go see fireworks.  But the fireworks, mixed with the thunderstorms, sure made it hard to get the littles to sleep!

One of my craigslist finds brought me very close to JEllen's House of Fabric, where I said hi to Sarah Ely and browsed some lovely quilting fabrics.  Unfortunately, I've never gotten into quilting.  But I did buy my 4-year-old a little tie.  He loves dressing formal.

And yet another cousin - whom we met at the graduation party - told us all about her latest project.  She and her fiance helped found an activity center for adults with developmental disabilities near Columbus, OH.  She invited us to come see it, and we made a day trip down there.  Wow. Just wow.  The love and dedication that was apparent was truly inspiring.

Oh, and just to top it all off, on the way back we stopped in upstate NY at the birthday party of yet another cousin.  Lots and lots and lots of kids!

And now we are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf