Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ethics of the Fathers Day 13

So on a happier note, we have the last line of Chapter 6:

Everything that G-d created in His world, He did not create but for His glory.

My husband is right now attending the Landmark Forum, an intensive 3.5-day seminar where you examine your life and create new possibilities for yourself.  A chance to see everything in G*d's world as it was created - for His glory.  (It is not a religious seminar.  I know devout Christians, orthodox Jews and commited atheists who have attended and found it very useful.  If you are religious, it will resonate with your religious texts, but if you are not, it can stand on its own.)




2 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of a line from a movie I saw years ago: "G*d doesn't give people gifts without expecting them to be used". (Yeah, I know, it's just a movie, but I've long believed that wisdom can be found in all sorts of unlikely places.)

    I've thought about that concept a lot. What gifts has G*d given me? And can I figure out how best to use them, if they're part of G*d's plan? (Or in some cases -- why am I not using them?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed...
      ?איך אברך לו, במה יבורך

      Delete

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf