Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Massachusetts Down Syndrome Buddy Walk 2012!

The potential of people with Down syndrome has increased tremendously in recent years.  What used to be a dead end in most cases just 50 years ago, is now just an extra challenge with incredible rewards.  Children with Down syndrome are a joy to their families and all who know them.  Medical advances, early intervention, and increased inclusion and awareness has made it possible for them to expect normal lives, including college, gainful employment, marriage, and full participation in the community.

My family will be participating in the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk on October 7!  I am so excited!

Please donate here to support Down Syndrome awareness!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh -- I live in Boston!! Is it too late for me to help out at the Buddy Walk? You can email me at leahlzander@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! You can certainly sponsor me at the link.

    I think you can also still register to join the walk yourself, so maybe we could meet up?

    ReplyDelete

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf