Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

A new year at Learning Program

Today was the first meeting of the year at the Down Syndrome Learning Program, affiliated with the Boston Children's Hospital.   Like last year, there were 2 sessions.  In the first session I worked with the "Level 2" class, which I recognized as last year's "Level 1"s. They have grown so much!  So much more coordinated, their speech was so much improved, and at least half of them already knew their letters and numbers.  Then I worked with the "Level 3" group, who were likewise impressive in their ability to flow with the schedule and engage with the instruction.  I felt so energized and happy -- and looking forward to seeing some of them at our local Buddy Walk in 2 weeks!

Here is their video from the early years:




The children featured in this video are now 12-13 years old, and have graduated to the "Lunch Buddies" program.  I saw several of them on my way out.   What wonderful promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf