Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bake sale for Life2Orphans

My daughters' theater group put on a phenomenal production of Annie this past weekend.  They were beginning the rehearsal cycle for this at the same time that I was discovering Reece's Rainbow and all the stories about conditions in orphanages.  So I asked the director of the group if we could use this as an opportunity to raise awareness and fundraise for real orphans.  He was very excited about the idea, and asked me to put something together.  I asked the kind readers at reecesrainbowforum.org for charity suggestions, and Life2Orphans.org seemed to be the best fit.  Here is the display we had at the bake sale:


We raised over $500 during the 2 shows!  I had people coming up to me and telling me how moved they were, and giving me $20 bills for the collection box.  I had people telling me their own stories of people they knew who were involved in orphan rescue.  Wow!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your love and care for the orphans of Ukraine - bringing the Arts together and the love for orphans is just wonderful!

    Blessings to all and please feel free to ask any questions you would like about Life2Orphans, Inc.

    Life2Orphans, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf